Earth Uprising International is excited to announce that it will be partnering with Ecosia to provide microgrants to local, youth-led climate projects in the US. This partnership will benefit youth organizers, especially minorities on the frontlines of the climate crisis, who often struggle to get the funding and support to start impactful and innovative projects and campaigns to further climate action and education in their areas.
At Earth Uprising, one of our core missions is to offer the resources, tools, and connections youth need in order to make change in their communities, and this partnership is about doing just that.
The initial fund is $13.5k, with $50 to $1000 being allocated towards each project. Applications open October 7th.
Applicants can request funding between $50 and $1,000 USD. Check the application criteria below to see if your project is eligible for funding:
- Youth-Led: Projects should be led by a youth activist between the age of 10-25.
- Project Focus: Projects should further climate education, encourage climate action, or improve the local environment.
- Community Impact: Projects should benefit the local community. Priority given to communities disproportionately affected by the climate crises.
- Early Stage: Projects should not have received funding from other sources above $3,000 USD.
- Location: Project must be located in the United States.
- Project Reporting: Grant recipients must be willing to share photos and/or feedback of project progress if requested.
While the fund currently only supports U.S. based projects, Ecosia and Earth Uprising hope to expand its future scope to support activists living in other parts of the world.